After 12 consecutive years of partnership, Christmas Hope Campaign has some exciting news. This year our partnership has grown to five agencies: Interfaith Food Bank, Lethbridge Food Bank, Salvation Army, Angel Tree Christmas Campaign and My City Care Shop of Wonders.
PARTNERSHIP – Lethbridge Food Bank, Interfaith Food Bank, Salvation Army, Angel Tree Christmas Campaign and My City Care Shop of Wonders have committed to jointly serving a projected 2500 households this Christmas, which we are estimating will assist 3300 adults and 3000 children. We have also committed to sharing the resources and expenses associated with serving our joint clientele and will share the task of informing community members of our joint effort.
This year all five agencies have agreed to a joint share master list to limit duplication and utilize resources.
CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – We will have 3 standard sizes of Christmas Hampers that contain the same food stock regardless of which agency they are distributed from. We pack hampers at each location, and will share stock to accommodate all needs for all clients. See wanted food items below.
TOYS – This year Angel Tree Christmas Campaign, Salvation Army and My City Care Shop of Wonders will distribute all toys for children of all ages according to the agencies guidelines. Each agency will be registering their children according to one master list, removing duplication and collaborating to better serve the community.
REGISTRATION – Registration will begin on Thursday, November 1st and will follow the same process as our regular monthly registrations. Clients can register anytime in November at their regular location, preferably when they access their November Hamper. If not already on file with agencies, clients must be able to provide the following:
- Photo ID and Alberta Health Care Cards
- Names and birthdates/ages of adults and children in the household
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income (including source and amount)
DISTRIBUTION – Food Hampers will be distributed through the same process used for regular monthly hampers. Clients will show their registration card at the pickup location, and will be issued the one standard Christmas Hamper, which includes food for December and additional supplies for Christmas. All Toy Bundles will be distributed by Angel Tree, Salvation Army and My City Care
- November 1st, 10AM Joint Christmas Media Kick-Off
- November 1st Christmas Registration Begins
- December 3rd – 7th Bread and Produce Only at Food Banks
- December 10th – 21st Hamper Distribution at Food Banks
- Toy Distribution according to each Agencies timeline
- IFB Closed December 22nd, opening again on January 2nd
- IFB Closed after Noon on December 21st, opening again on January 2nd
- LFB OPEN December 21st, opening again on January 2nd
Agency Contact Information: